Overview On June 30th, 2024, CentOS 7 will reach end of life. Red Hat has already discontinued CentOS 8, replacing it with CentOS Stream. Going forward, organizations currently on either operating system should plan to transition to alternative open-source options...
The container platform for HPC, supercomputing, and AI
SingularityPRO 3.5, released January 21st, 2020, brings exciting new features to the long-term professionally supported version of the container platform. Based on the open source 3.5.2 release, SingularityPRO will receive security and bug fixes for 3 years, making it an ideal solution for the business-driven needs of enterprise customers containerizing their compute workloads.
New to SingularityPRO 3.5
- Encrypted Containers – encrypt the contents of your containers to prevent information leaks, and run them directly, without decrypting the content to disk. Along with integrated cryptographic signatures, encryption makes SingularityPRO ideally suited to applications where it’s important to secure, protect, and validate your applications and data throughout the entire DevSecOps workflow.
- Fakeroot – act as root when building and running containers, without escalating privilege on the host system. Fakeroot improves ease of use on secured, shared systems by allowing users to build and use Singularity containers without sudo rights.
- ROCm Integration – easily access AMD Radeon GPUs for ROCm and OpenCL compute, with the new `–rocm` option. SingularityPRO now has native support for both major GPU vendors.
- Remote Endpoint Management – easily configure and use both the Sylabs Cloud and on-premise Singularity Enterprise library, remote builder, and keystore services. Singularity Enterprise services are fully integrated with SingularityPRO and support rapid adoption and use of containerization in data centers, clouds, and all the way out to the near and far edge.
SingularityPRO 3.5 is available now with support for a wider range of enterprise Linux distributions, for x86, ARM64, and POWER architectures. Packages are available for:
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 / 7 / 8
- SUSE Enterprise Server 12 / 15
- Ubuntu LTS 16.04 / 18.04
Contact Sylabs for more information, and to get started using SingularityPRO to streamline your HPC, AI/ML, and ultra secure enterprise workflows.
 Encrypted containers are not supported on RHEL6 or Ubuntu 16.04.
 Fakeroot / user namespaces are not supported on RHEL6.
Join Our Mailing List
Sylabs Partners With Carahsoft to Deliver Advanced Software Container Technology Services to the Public Sector
Advanced Container Technology to be Utilized for Collaboration in Sensitive Government SettingsSylabs, the global leader in providing professional tools and services for high performance container technologies, is pleased to announce its partnership with Carahsoft...
Discover an efficient solution to improve your workflow. Explore the benefits and get step-by-step guidance on implementation.